Bout-a-Book blog’s Review Policy & Information
First off, if you’re here to request a review and/or promo thank you, thank you, thank you. Bout-a-Book blog is owned and operated by me, Jacqueline Sanders. You can also find my blog’s social media sites at…
I run all social media sites by myself so if you message or contact any of the sites above including this website, you will be speaking to me directly.
Before getting into the review policy itself let me fist point out some things about Bout-a-Book blog that I feel you as a reader, author, PR company, and/or publisher should know….
- I receive no monetary compensation for my reviews. I do it on my own free time and of my own free will. I will never accept money in return for reviews, and my reviews will always be my 100% honest opinion of the book. The opinions and views I post are in no way influenced by the manner in which I received the book.
- The books I do choose to review are either books I bought with my own money or books that have been given to me freely from authors, publishers, and/or PR companies. I am very selective about the arcs/books I choose to review for my blog. Not every book I receive will be guaranteed a review.
- I’m a huge lover of books and I read as often as I can. With that said, I want to reiterate the fact that I am very selective about the books I choose to read and review for the blog. Every book I accept I’m 95% certain I will enjoy it and the rating will be between a 3.5-5 star read. I know what I like and what works for me as a reader. I’m always 100% honest with my reviews, but I will never attack an author or their work in a negative way. I’m a firm believer in constructive criticism, but I also believe in finding the good in everything and being a decent human being.
Bout-a-Book blog reads and reviews the following genres:
- Children’s books (my daughter and I will read and review for this genre together)
- New Adult
- Young Adult
- Women’s Fiction
If your book or the book you are promoting isn’t categorized into one of the genres/subgenres above, then I probably won’t review it for the blog.
I will accept books in these formats
- Print copies
- Mobi files (Kindle)
- Negalley widegts
- Edelweiss widgets
- ARCS prior to publication dateàI will try my best to have my review posted within 2-weeks of publication date (either 2-weeks prior or within 2-weeks after). This will give me a month (4-weeks total) to read and review it. If I cannot get my review up before and/or on publication date I will post a promo stating it’s available for purchase.
- Books already publishedàFor books that are already out and available to the public I will need 6-8 weeks to read, review, and promote it.
If you send a book(s) without first confirming a review and/or promo date then reviews are not guaranteed at all. I do, however, post #BookMail and #Unboxing stories on my Instagram account, and I will definitely tag the author(s) and PR companies/publishers that send them to me.
- I only post reviews 3.5 stars and above directly on my blog. I want my blog to be a safe space for readers and authors alike. If I can’t give at least a 3.5 star review then I will promo the book on my social media sites, and only post my reviews to Goodreads and Amazon.
- I only accept books that are within my genre (see above) and that I know I will finish and like. As I’ve said I’m very selective due to the fact that I know what I’m into and I don’t want to waste anyone’s time.
- My reviews are usually posted to my website (boutabook.com), Amazon, and Goodreads. If you prefer sites such as iTunes, B&N, Bookbub, etc. let me know and I will be happy to help in whatever I can to make sure the book is promoted to its full potential. I also post on the blog’s social media sites that are listed above.
- My reviews on the blog consists of the title, cover, author, publication date, publisher (if available), along with the synopsis, and the review itself. For sites like Goodreads and Amazon it will be review only.
- I do sometimes put quotes within my reviews. I feel it helps readers get a better glimpse of the book itself. If you do not want any quotes before publication, please just let me know and I’ll be happy to leave them out or wait until after publication to post them. If I do quote from a book that’s not the final copy, I note it at the bottom of my review. I understand that things change between the arc I sometimes receive and the final copy of the book that’s published.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read over the information I have provided here. Bout-a-Book blog prides ourselves on professionalism, and I hope I’ve touched on the most important things. If you have any further questions or would like to request a review please don’t hesitate to contact me at…
Connect with me on my social media sites: